Terms and conditions
These terms and conditions govern the Shropshire WIldlife Trust photographic competition 2019. The competition organisers are Shropshire WIldlife Trust. By accepting the Terms & Conditions of the competition and subsequently submitting your photographs, you have entered into an agreement with the organisers. The organisers reserve the right to modify these terms and conditions without notice.
By entering the competition, you agree to the provisions of these terms and conditions and to comply fully with them. The competition opens on Friday 21st December and the closes on 5pm 28th February 2019. Submissions must be received by the closing date.
This competition is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man.
The competition is open to anyone of any age with the following exceptions:
- individuals directly involved in organising or judging the competition
- individuals that work for Shropshire WIldlife Trust
- professional photographers, defined for the purposes of this competition as those who earn more than half their income through photography Those in doubt as to their eligibility must contact the organisers for clarification before entering. The organiser’s decision on eligibility is final.
If you are under the age of 18 you must have permission to enter from your parent or guardian. By submitting an entry for the competition, your parent or guardian is deemed to have given such consent and to agree to the use of the entry as described in these terms and conditions.
What to enter
- Photos should be of wildlife (animals, plants, trees) or landscapes within the boundaries of Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin that demonstrate a personal connection
- Image files must be JPEG format, 200 dpi and between 1MB and 3MB
- All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photographic competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
- Copyright for all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to Shropshire Wildlife Trust to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, social media, websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
- Photos submitted must be your own work, must not be copied, must not contain any third-party materials and/or content that you do not have permission to use and must not otherwise be obscene, defamatory or in breach of any applicable legislation or regulations.
- The following is acceptable in terms of post capture processing: Small crop for composition, dust spot removal, usual levels, exposure or curves adjustments, conversion to monochrome if undertaken, double exposure in-camera (NOT blended images) and no material removal of elements in the image to materially change the image as originally taken. Stitched or joined images are not acceptable.
How to enter
Entries should be submitted via email to Awilderfuture@shropshirewildlifetrust.org.uk. Entries must be labelled with the entrant’s name and location of the photograph and accompanied with a short sentence about how the image represents the photographers passion for Shropshire, Telford or Wrekin. Image files must be JPEG 200 dpi and between 1MB and 3MB. No other forms of submission will be accepted.
Applicants may enter a maximum of 3 images.
The competition opens on Friday 21st December and the closes on 5pm 28th February 2019. Entries submitted after this date will not be accepted.
Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
Please name images as follows: Title_your_name_file_number.jpg
The winner and runners up will be notified by end of March 2019 by email, but also within the March e-newsletter.
A panel of Judges will select images based upon technical skill, diversity, originality and creativity. Judging will be anonymous. Judges will assess entries against the brief. The decision of the organisers is final and no correspondence will be entered into concerning the competition’s judging and organisation.
You agree that if you are a winner or runner up you will take part in and cooperate fully with reasonable publicity and to the use of your name and photograph in such publicity.
Prizes are as stated and no cash or other alternative can be offered.
By submitting photos you are accepting these rules.
Schedule 1 Licensing
Kingfishers and Barn Owls are just two of the relatively uncommon species afforded the highest degree of legal protection under Schedule 1 of the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981. If you “intentionally or recklessly” disturb a Kingfisher, Barn Owl or any other bird listed in Schedule 1 whilst trying to photograph it “in, on, at or near” the nest or whilst it has dependent young, and without the necessary Licence from Natural England (or other licensing authority), you may be committing a criminal offence punishable by a fine of up to £5,000 and/or a prison sentence of up to 6 months.
Other wildlife and habitats are protected from disturbance also. Where we believe protected species or habitats have been disturbed we reserve the right to refuse entry to the competition and if appropriate the authorities will be notified. You can find the full list of wildlife protection here: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1981/69/contents
General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR): We will only store your information on our database for Shropshire Wildlife Trust competition purposes.
We never sell this information to others.
We also email out e-newsletters. In order to receive it you will need to verify by subscribing here