Children aged 8-13? Join Wildlife Watch
Across the UK we run hundreds of events suitable for children. If you are family members of Shropshire Wildlife Trust, your children will automatically become members of the Wildlife Watch scheme, which entitles your child to discounted children and family events. The aim of the Wildlife Watch scheme is to encourage children to engage in their environment and the issues affecting it.
By joining Wildlife Watch children can…
- Take part in discounted events
- Become a nature detective and earn awards through the Wildlife Watch award scheme
- Benefit from receiving the Wildlife Watch pack and quarterly children's wildlife magazine full of activities, facts and ways to help wildlife
- Have access to the Wildlife Watch handbook which contains wildlife facts and pages to keep a diary of wildlife sightings
How can my child/children become members?
If you are a family member of Yorkshire Wildlife Trust then your children will automatically become Wildlife Watch members. Become a member today.
What do children receive?
A membership pack full of creative and engaging resources, including:
A membership badge
- 'Wildlife Watchers' handbook to wildlife watching
- Wildlife stickers
- Wildlife Watch (four times a year), our lively magazine packed with features on UK wildlife and the environment news, events and competitions
- Wildlife poster (four times a year), which focuses on specific wildlife topics.
Wildlife Watch Awards
If your child is a Wildlife Watch member, they can take part in the Wildlife Watch Award scheme to earn awards as they complete great activities and challenges. There are many different things to do from exploring the outdoors to drawing and making your own funky crafts.
Wildlife Watch Website
Head to the Wildlife Watch website to learn more about your favourite plants and animals, download spotter sheets and play games.
Wildlife Watch Groups
In Shropshire, we have two Wildlife Watch groups that children that can join in with offering lots of fun outdoor activities.
Oswestry Hills Wildlife Watch Group
Meeting point: Llanymynech Heritage Area (unless otherwise stated)
Visit our What's on page for details of upcoming group dates
Contact: David Hardwick firstname.lastname@example.org
Ludlow Wildlife Watch Group
Join the facebook page, for information about upcoming dates.