- Greenfields Local Nature Reserve working parties on the third Wednesday of the month: 9.30 am - 3.30 pm.
- Butterfly surveys at Greenfields on 3rd Friday from March to October: 1.30pm - 3.30pm
- Visit the Greenfields LNR Facebook page.
- Family Bugs and Beasties on Greenfields - Wednesday 21st August 2.00 - 4.00 pm. Full details on the event page.
- A Walk in the Woods - Saturday 7th September - 2.00 - 4.00 pm. A walk in and around Twemlows Wood.
- Whitchurch is well known for being at the centre of a significant local water vole population. One place you might see these iconic creatures is in the brook under the footbridge between White Lion Meadow car park and the swimming pool.
- Melverley Meadows [SWT Reserve] is about 3 miles south east just outside the village of Ash.
- Fenn's, Whixall and Bettisfield Mosses National Nature Reserve, home of the current BogLIFE project to restore the Marches Mosses, is only a few miles to the south west of town.
- Prees Heath Common, Butterfly Conservation's reserve for the silver-studded blue butterfly is just 2 miles to the south.
- Brown Moss [Shropshire Council countryside site] lies a mile to the south east.