Agricultural Advisor ST/WT Catchment Partnership
Accountable to: SWT River Projects Manager Pete Lambert and ST Agricultural Team Manager Emma Abbott
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Agricultural Advisor to deliver a programme of farmer / agronomist training events and one to one farm visits to promote resources protection and a reduction in diffuse water pollution from agriculture with a focus on pesticides. You will undertake the direct delivery of advice to farmers, influencing them to make behavioural and management changes; coordinate, deliver and participate in events to help with the promotion and awareness raising of core messages and carry out water quality investigations and if required, water quality sampling. You’ll also plan and deliver training events and contribute to annual reporting.
We are looking for someone with:
- Relevant environmental qualification/s in a land and water management subject
- Relevant professional qualifications in relation to providing agricultural advice (BASIS, FACTS or other CPD activities)
- Experience of providing pollution reduction advice to farmers and landowners
- A strong understanding of water quality issues, lowland farming systems, wetland ecology, rural sustainable drainage and catchment management
- Knowledge of the farmed environment and biodiversity
- A full driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes
Severn Trent Water [STW] and the West Midlands Wildlife Trusts are working with the Environment Agency and other partners on river catchments to tackle diffuse water pollution in watercourses across the region and to bring watercourses into ‘good ecological condition’.