- Greenfields Local Nature Reserve working parties on the third Tuesday of the month: 9.30 am - 3.30 pm have restarted with limited numbers, but please email the branch to book a place.
- Butterfly surveys at Greenfields on 3rd Friday from March to October: 1.30pm - 3.30pm - These are currently suspended. Please report any butterfly sightings via the Facebook page [below] or email the branch.
- Visit the Greenfields LNR Facebook page.
Saturday 5th September
Walk on Whixall and Fenn's Moss
led by Stephen Barlow whose knowledge of the Moss and it's wildlife is second to none. Meet at Morris' Bridge car park for a 2pm start and we should be back by 4.30pm latest. Numbers are limited so please book your place by clicking here.
Local wildlife sites
- Whitchurch is well known for being at the centre of a significant local water vole population. One place you might see these iconic creatures is in the brook under the footbridge between White Lion Meadow car park and the swimming pool.
- Local sites remain open for you to enjoy but remember to only go alone or with members of your household or with up to 5 people from outside your household, Please keep your distance [over 2 metres] from people not in your household or bubble.
- Greenfields Local Nature Reserve This SWT reserve on the western edge of town near the Llangollen Canal is managed by the Whitchurch Branch. Read more
- Melverley Meadows [SWT Reserve] is about 3 miles south east just outside the village of Ash. Read more
- Fenn's, Whixall and Bettisfield Mosses National Nature Reserve, home of the current BogLIFE project to restore the Marches Mosses, is only a few miles to the south west of town. Read more
- Prees Heath Common, Butterfly Conservation's reserve for the silver-studded blue butterfly is just 2 miles to the south. Read more
- Prees Heath East - a small site on the edge of common. Read more
- Brown Moss [Shropshire Council countryside site] lies a mile to the south east. Read more
Contact: Malcolm Monie
Facebook: Whitchurch Branch, Shropshire Wildlife trust @SWTWhitchurch
We have several Nature Reserves in and around Whitchurch.